Rockpool IT Infrastructure Refresh.
Client Name: Rockpool Digital
Rockpool Digital are an independent digital agency based in the Paintworks Bristol. They specialise in the designing and building of digital experiences for a multitude of channels.
Date: April 2017
Website Link: Click Here
Due to a number of changes to their structure, Rockpool needed to realign their IT with their business requirements. Managing Director, Bruce was looking for a local and trusted company that could provide an IT service to match their crucial timescales and deadlines.
- Major hardware refresh including decommissioning old equipment.
- Streamline IT systems and use cloud services to improve business continuity and efficiency.
- Improve and futureproof security systems (install new WatchGuard Firewall).
- Reduce monthly costs.
WestSpring carried out a full IT and business review to identify changes which needed to be made. We recommended for Rockpool to use more cloud technology to help increase efficiency.
WestSpring removed and decommissioned all outdated hardware and replaced it with the newest state of the art technology. This included the installation of a new secure WatchGuard Firewall, the replacement of their server which was due for renewal and a full fit of a new secure comms cabinet. WestSpring consolidated Rockpool’s IT environment to reduce the number of servers and therefore reducing their IT footprint and ongoing costs.
Additionally, we implemented managed encryption to protect mobile devices and installed a new secure remote access solution.
Rockpool Digital now have a streamlined IT solution that has enabled them to be more self-sufficient and provides them with peace of mind that their important data is secure. WestSpring delivered the project for a fixed cost and within the set timeline.
Rockpool now benefit from:
- Massive reduction in monthly support tickets raised
- Reliable & scalable infrastructure
- Improved network security
- Full project documentation and diagrams
- Project completion meetings
Before and During the Project
- Full detailed project delivery plan including downtime expectations and management
- Full project risk assessment
- Regular project communication and updates